On turning twenty six

March 23, 2014


As I mentioned in this post, the last year has been a wild and crazy ride. From quitting my job, starting a business, getting engaged, and planning a wedding, my 25th year has been one for the books. The funny thing is, I haven't really felt like a 25 year old for a long time. With starting a business comes a lot of responsibility, and in turn I've grown up and changed my lifestyle so much in the last year. There isn't even a thought in my mind on Friday nights anymore that I'll go out- weekends are booked with shoots and since I've never really been able to deal with hangovers that well, there's no question that I won't be drinking on the weekends anymore. I started taking care of my body- I've been plagued with health issues the past 5+ years and finally accepted the fact that I'm intolerant to gluten, no matter how much I try to deny it when I see an delicious pizza or cookie, and in turn I've felt so much better and have become more in tune with how and what I eat.

Jack and I spent my last day of 25 driving down the coast and exploring. We found this pollen-filled field and frolicked for a bit, enjoying each other's company and making goals for the next year. It was simply perfect.

Growing up is funny. Never in a million years did I think I'd be who or where I am today, but this past year has been such an exciting journey and I can't wait to see what 26 has in store for me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

© Snap Happy All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger