party in the front, business in the back

May 22, 2012

dress// forever 21. belt// target. ring// local jewelry store find. shoes// sam edelman for american eagle

ps- I don't know why I am so yellow in these photos.. obviously I need to learn a thing or two in Lightroom!!

This past weekend I spent an amazing day visiting my sister at college and then going to a lovely housewarming party for a dear friend from college. It was so nice to catch up with my sister and swap fun college stories, and I had an awkwardly fun time at the day time frat party she dragged me to to meet her friends. Then I transitioned to adult mode and spent the rest of the evening celebrating my friend's move into a brand new house with her lovely boyfriend, and i had a blast small talking and enjoying the evening weather at their outdoor dinner party. While I had so much fun at both parties, I didn't feel like I was really comfortable and myself at either of them. Just a mere two years ago I was living the college life just like my sister, and now I have to pretend to be an adult and have adult conversations? The 20's are a weird age where you are trying to figure out how to be an adult when you still feel like you're a kid. I'm trapped in this weird limbo where I keep wishing I wasn't growing up so fast but I can't avoid being an adult. I did, however, get to wear this cute dress that was party in the front and business in the back. At least my clothes know how to belong in both age groups.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

© Snap Happy All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger