anna and the coral pants {a love story}

May 29, 2012


Ladies and Gentlemen, you see these here pants? Aren't they just the perfect color for spring? And don't they look oh so comfy? {oh they are} I'd like to tell you a beautiful love story that I call "Anna and the Coral Pants." Grab some tea, settle in, and get ready for a wild and extremely long and pointless story.

You see, for months now I've been in search of the perfect pants for spring. I recently had a bad breakup with my regular jeans (we weren't getting along very well, they were just being too clingy! har har) so I had been searching for pants that will make me feel ooolalalovely as well as fitting the current fashion trend of colorful jeans. Well, one not so special day I was feeling particularly stressed at work so I decided to venture out of my cubicle and somehow stumbled into Gap. Oops. I almost left without getting anything but my all of a sudden, from across the store,  my eyes caught site of these beautiful colored pants. {Let me just rewind for a minute by saying coral is my all time favorite color. If everything I owned had to be one color, I would choose coral. If my entire house needed to be decorated in one color, I'm telling ya, it would be coral. It makes me feel all goo-y inside and reminds me of a tropical vacation.} So, you shouldn't be surprised that I just about died when I saw them. These were them. I was so excited. And, to top things off, they fit PERFECTLY. Then I saw the price. Sadly, no can do $70 for some pants when you work at a nonprofit. I quickly did some mental calculations and figured if I ate beans and rice for the next week I could maybe afford them, so I went ahead and did it. Daredevil over here folks.

I was biting my nails when the lady rang me up, waiting for the final price, when I looked down and saw $4.41. That's right. FOUR DOLLARS AND FORTY ONE CENTS. " Um, ma'am, you must be mistaken??" The wonderful,beautiful, spectacular sales lady (obviously my new BFF) then told me how I saved this much money because of my Gap card and that much money in rewards and all I could do was look at her and these beautiful pants with completely creepy look of love.

So you see, folks, good things do happen. After working my butt off for the last two days I was rewarded by the shopping gods with these lovely thangs AND an unbelievable deal. I might just have to wear them to work and to the store and to dinner and to the gym and to bed. Too much? Too bad. These babies are never coming off.


ps- weekend and wedding recaps coming tomorrow, don't you worry. I feel like I need a weekend from my weekend just to edit photos and relive our glorious adventure to Ashland!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

© Snap Happy All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger