Film 03// Coming Home

March 5, 2014

mlkdayreunion_61860003
A few months ago my three best friends from high school and I spent a gorgeous afternoon catching up after years of being apart and it was one of my absolute favorite days. We've spent the last few years separated by states and continents, busy schedules and different life paths, but as soon as we were reunited it felt like we are 16 and wild and careless and free again. Being surrounded by these amazing women made me forget about life's current stresses and helped me reground myself, which is something I needed very very much.
We started off at Hog Island Oysters in Tomales for some afternoon snacks and catching up, then ventured over to Marilyn's parents' house in Pt. Reyes. Her house has always been a safe haven for me, a place to escape when we were in high school and be free. We spent so many nights taking over their cozy cottage and even though it's been years since I've been back, the second I walked in was greeted by a feeling of comfort and tranquility. It felt like home.
I love these girls dearly and can't express how wonderful it was to be around them again. We each have such different perspectives on life and love, but no matter where we are or who we've become we have a profound respect and love for one another. They are my soul sisters and it's days like this that refresh my view of the world and of myself. I'm so grateful for their support and love and look forward to many more days like this spent laughing and loving each other in the warm West Marin sun.
Collage7Collage6Collage3mlkdayreunion_61880002Collage12Collage2Collage4Collage5Collage8mlkdayreunion_61860007mlkdayreunion_61860006Collage11mlkdayreunion_61860011Collage9mlkdayreunion_61860009mlkdayreunion_61890013mlkdayreunion_61890007Collage10

2 comments:

  1. glad that you had a great time. reuniting with best friends is the best. it feels amazing when you have that kind of friends. the ones, that after years being separated, you get reunited and everything feels like you've never been apart. also, these pictures are so lovely. filled with happy vibe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Niken! It really is a blessing to have great friends surrounding you, as well as blog friends supporting you! :) Thank you for all your great comments! :)

      Delete

 

© Snap Happy All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger