January in Review

January 1, 2014


January's over? What?  This month BLEW by, like, speedy gonzales fast blew by. And I'm sad to say that not much was significant or accomplish, except for finalizing some wedding plans. I never knew that wedding planning would be this time consuming- I always knew that there was a lot to do for planning a wedding and that brides became crazy during the whole process- but I never fully understood it until I became one of those crazy brides. For example, last week I had at least one vendor call every day after work, which usually takes about a half hour to an hour, and then had to research more options, look at contracts, respond to emails, and try to make a decision on who we want to be our DJ or do our flowers or be our caterer. If I were a genius I would create a site (like the Knot but completely bias) that compares pricing, has reviews, and has EVERY vendor in the area in order to streamline the process and help brides navigate the wedding industry. If I've learned one thing from this planning process it's that it's so important to make it easy as possible for the bride.

Anyways, looking back at the month of January, it's no wonder it feel like it flew by. Each weekend was jam packed with activities and events and was a great forecast to how great 2014 will hopefully be!

- Had an amazing last week in Park City by going on lots of snow shoeing adventures, cooking delicious feasts, and playing way too many games of Stratego by the fire
- We had an AMAZING engagement shoot with our photographer where we revisited the place we got engaged!
- Our photographer, Josh Gruetzmacher, invited me to tag along at a styled shoot that he organized and it was the most amazing, inspiring experience.
-  I had an amazing engagement shoot with Hanna & Justin, whose wedding I'm going to photograph next June. We explored Crissy Field and I had such a blast catching up with them!
- I second shoot a gorgeous winter wedding for Andi Hatch. The groom was so emotional and excited, and it was such an honor to be a part of their day
- We had the most epic reunion with my best friends from high school reminiscing about our crazy high school adventures and catching up on the last few years of our lives
- We had a fitting at Bella Bridesmaid for my bridesmaid's dresses (I can't wait share them with you!) and attended a fun bridal show at Ramekins
- We tasted some amazing caterers for our wedding
- I caught up with a college friend (who was actually my "big sis" in our sorority!) and did a really fun yoga/head shots shoot in downtown SF. It was awesome.
- Finally, we picked out our wedding rings! It was one of my favorite parts of wedding planning so far and made everything so real. I loved seeing that ring on Jack's finger!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

© Snap Happy All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger