20 Weeks of Photography

June 20, 2012


For those of you that have been following my 24 before 25 list, you'll know that one of my goals was to do at least one photo project a month. Well, life has of course already gotten in the way of that goal, and I have yet to accomplish even one project in the last 3 months since the list's creation. So, to combat my neglecting of this goal, I'm going to be starting a weekly installment where I follow a compiled list of realistic and achievable photography projects with the goal of accomplishing one project every two week for the next 20 weeks. I don't want to rush the process and figure it will take me two weeks to shoot, develop and put together each project, so I'll work on one project every two weeks. While I'm just plain excited to have a reason to dedicate myself to my photography for a while, I also hope this serves as a kickstart to creating a competitive photography portfolio and will be showcasing my work both here on ze blog and on my fancy new photography website ( It's coming guys, I swear. The perfectionist in me wants it to be perfect before I launch it!) So for now, here is what you have to look forward to for the next 10 weeks!

20 weeks of photography
  1. The Individual- a complete portrait shoot that fully captures their internal and external beauty
  2. North Beach Photo Walk/ Case Study- documenting the North Beach neighborhood
  3. A Study of Light- exploring different techniques using natural and man-made lighting
  4. Hockney Inspired- celebrating of one of my favorite photographers by creating a photographic collage
  5. Color Challenge- finding and focusing one color in multiple locations
  6. Night Life- the city after dark
  7. Macro Focus- a study of every day life at the macro level
  8. Epitomizing Myself- exploring self portraits and trying to capture the essence of me
  9. San Francisco Architecture- celebrating the city's most celebrated and overlooked buildings
  10. Food for Thought- practicing commercial food photography in a new way

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

© Snap Happy All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger