Beyond the Fog: Atomic Garden Store Spotlight

May 14, 2013

Last week I had the privilege of working with Rue Magazine to photograph an amazing store in Oakland called Atomic Garden. This eclectic space has so many hidden gems that after an hour I left feeling like I still hadn't captured every unique detail. Each item is handpicked by the owners, Jamie and Adrienne, who have created a one-of-a-kind place filled with hand crafted goodies. Every simple detail- from the hand stamped name tags to the handmade furniture and shelves- creates a vibrant and homey vibe that made me want to curl up behind the desk and live there forever. Highlighting both home goods and clothing, this place is the place to check out if you are ever in Rockridge.











 

6 comments:

  1. May I ask, what settings you use when taking these types of images Also what lens? It's always nice to learn others techniques x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hannah! For these photos I mainly used my 50mm f/1.4. I mainly used a smaller f-stop (f/1.4 -1.8) in order to get the blurry background and to shoot in the low light. For the wider shots, I used a 24-70mm f/2.8 lens, which was also great in the low light and provided a wider frame.

      Hope that helps!

      Delete
  2. Great job Anna! Love the images. I would love to visit this store too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You definitely should, it's amazing!

      Delete
  3. Oh that store looks ah-may-zing! It's right up my alley! And I love your photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is such a magical place :) and thank you!!

      Delete

 

© Snap Happy All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger