feeling blessed

November 22, 2012

After stuffing our tummies with turkey today my family gathered around the living room to tell stories and reminisce about the past. My grandmother brought up a thanksgiving story from years ago that we all know as "The Worst Day of Anna's Life". We had decided to go out to dinner instead of cook a big meal and I was forced to wear a frilly dress, drive what seemed like hours to get to the restaurant  and was banned from running around the table with cousins while waiting for the food. When your'e eight years old, these things can really put a damper on your day. Needless to say, I made sure everyone at the table, and maybe the whole restaurant, knew that this was "the worst day of my life."

When you're eight, you don't realize how lucky you are that on your "worst day", you're still surrounded by the ones you love. You don't realize that you are beyond blessed to have the means to go out and eat a feast of food. But when you're twenty four, you cherish these blessings and appreciate the little things. And this is something that I was so fortunate to remember as I sat with a fully belly surrounded by the ones I love. Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

© Snap Happy All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger