Wedding Wonders

June 14, 2013

Jose Villa
I've been dreaming about becoming a wedding photographer for years (as seen from my "wedding photographer dreams" pintrest board) and finally feel ready to jump into the wedding world. I've been trying to book weddings for this summer for months and have successfully booked six weddings as a lead and assistant photographer. This weekend I'm assisting two weddings and I'm a bundle of nerves and excitement. I'm not quite sure what to anticipate, but I'm eager to learn from a professional and get some experience in the wedding world. While I know it takes years to really excel in this industry, I'm hoping to live up to my own expectations and make myself proud (and the couple too, of course). Here are a few of my favorite wedding photographers:

Jose Villa

This man needs to introduction. He shoots only in film and is the pioneer in fine art wedding photography. I recently purchased his book and have scoured over it for many hours already. Every one of his photographs are carefully crafted, exquisite pieces of art, and I hope to someday save up enough money to attend one of his workshops (or even hire him as my wedding photographer one day?) so I can breathe the same air as this photographic genius.

Cooper Carras
Stunning colors. Beautifully composed. Gorgeous moments. Cooper Caras's work says it all.

Bryce Covey
I first learned about Bryce YESTERDAY when he called me and asked me to assist him at a San Francisco/Napa wedding. I jumped at the opportunity and when I looked at his work my jaw dropped- it is absolutely stunning! I'm so excited to get to learn from him TODAY and can't wait to meet this amazing photographer.

3 comments:

  1. Anna, thanks for this curated list! I always have my eye own for truly fresh wedding photographers (the market can be so saturday with the same-ole same-ole). Cooper Carras actually shot my best friend Laura's wedding and he was the greatest (a true talent AND a really nice guy who didn't mind me having amateur hour with my little film camera)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so exciting! Good luck with the wedding photography world and am looking forward to see your photos and hear all about your experiences and thoughts. xx

    http://reindeertrails.blogspot.com.es

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting for you!!! I hope the weddings went well! Can't wait to see the photos :)

    ReplyDelete

 

© Snap Happy All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger