Beyond the Fog

May 7, 2013

Born and raised in the Bay Area, it was sort of a given that I’d move back to San Francisco after graduating from college. After a two year stint in North Beach with a gaggle of roommates, late nights, and rare trips west of Fillmore street, I moved into my first grown up apartment with my boyfriend in Lower Haight with high hopes of getting to explore and appreciate the eclectic city I knew was out there. Six months later I found myself miserable in a job I hated and consistently damp from the perpetual fog that saturated my new neighborhood. I felt like I was just going through the motions of waking up, working, going to bed, and repeating. My attitude towards my current situation was clouded with pessimism and negativity, seeping into every part of my life and tainting my view of my new neighborhood and the city itself. I was in a rut.

I can’t tell you exactly what happened that made me wake up one morning determined to change my mind. Maybe it was the ray of hope of being able to quit my job; maybe it was finally getting used to the raccoons that had infested the alleyway outside my bedroom; maybe it was the way the light shone through the trees on my walk home one day; or maybe it was just the fact that I was tired of having a quarter life crisis and wasting my twenties in a rut. But from that day forth I decided see “beyond the fog” of my every day life - to blow those fog horns loud and clear for all to hear- and promised myself I would advantage of all there is to offer by eating, laughing, exploring, shopping discovering, and appreciating this great city by the bay.

Beyond the Fog is going to be a biweekly feature highlighting a local area, shop, eatery, park, and/or any other fine adventure in San Francisco that will motivate me to get out of my pajamas and appreciate the city, all while being able to take photos of pretty things.

I'd love to get any recommendations of fun places around the city to check out or ideas of fun things to do, so please leave me tips below!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

© Snap Happy All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger