bring it on hallmark

February 7, 2013


I love me a good birthday/ holiday/ just because card, but unfortunately I am not the best at getting cards to people in a timely manner. I'm the type of person that will realize two days before someone's birthday that it's their friggin birthday and put it on my to-do list to get and send them a card. But that usually doesn't happen until 3-5 days after their birthday. You know those Hallmark cards that have a picture of a tortoise with a birthday balloon that says "Better Late Than Never"? Yeah, I'm pretty sure they were made especially for me. On that topic, I've never been a fan on Hallmark cards- maybe because they are just so clique or because I feel like my friends and our relationships deserve better than those stereotypical slogans. "( I do, however, LOVE the little kid/ pre-teen cards that are extremely oversized and obnoxious, especially if they have an annoying song hidden in them).

Anyways, cards. I love them. I'm just not good at going to the store, picking one out from a million different options, then sending it in a timely manner. My friends can attest to the fact that I usually end up drawing them a b-e-a-utiful card that usually has a stick figure drawing of the two of us holding hands under a rainbow with a big cake in the middle and usually some flowers and grass and a couple of balloons floating in the sky, because they do that you know. While I may not the best at buying cards, I will admit to being the the BOMB at drawing them. However, now that I am almost a quarter of the way done with my life, I figure it's time I upgrade my birthday card making skills to something a little more craftier. Hence, this beauty.

I was inspired by this month's "New Uses for Old Things" article in Real Simple but instead of using old materials I went out and spent my entire paycheck at Papersource. Despite the fact that I am now broke, I'm quite pleased with the outcome.

Friends, get ready for this upgrade (and anticipate getting duplicate ones in the mail because this is the extent of my craftiness, at least for now).

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

© Snap Happy All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger