Nature's Playground: Yosemite

May 31, 2013

Memorial Day weekend was spent adventuring in the great outdoors, which I think is one of the best ways to spend a long summery weekend. We went on my first backpacking trip in Yosemite and I'm still having a hard time trying to process it's beauty and serenity. Everything about the whole weekend was perfect: perfect company, perfect weather, perfect sites, and the perfect feeling of adventure, appreciation, and awe. Coming back to the bustling city after a quiet weekend was a bit of a shock and has me itching for some summer sun and unmarked trails. 

The first day's hike was a long and treacherous 10 mile trek around Hetch Hetchy reservoir, up a steep hill, and to Tiltill Valley- a lush and gorgeous valley with meadows, creeks, and views for days. Definitely worth the dead legs and broken back. 


Day two was spent venturing back down the mountain and bushwhacking our way across the river to find the perfect campsite. We splashed around in the river, soaked up some sun, and climbed one too many rocks to find the most epic sunset view I've ever seen.




Day three was a short 6 mile hike back to reality, and while it was a very tiresome and we couldn't wait to take a shower, we were all sad to leave this gorgeous place.




Until next time, Yosemite.



Find more adventures in nature here

2 comments:

  1. I love Yosemite! My husband and I are actually from Fresno, aka the armpit of California :) But I love how close we are to that park. I hiked half dome twice one summer. It is an experience I will never forget. Gorgeous shots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These pictures are so absolutely stunning, Anna! And Yosemite – it's just the most beautiful of all things beautiful. I mean, WOW!!

    ReplyDelete

 

© Snap Happy All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger